I just converted the WordPress database to UTF-8. It turned out when I create a database on my hosting website it defaults to latin1. The conversion was pretty easy in just a few steps.
Today I decided to replace the plug-in Share-This in favor of another social bookmarking plug-in.
The reasons for this are quiet simple.
A new security update was released and it was a flawless upgrade
I installed WordPress 2.3.1.
Quoting the WordPress website
2.3.1 fixes over twenty bugs. Some of the notable fixes are:
- Tagging support for Windows Live Writer
- Fixes for a login bug that affected those with a Blog Address different than
their WordPress Address
- Faster taxonomy database queries, especially tag intersection queries
- Link importer fixes
Unfortunately, some security issues were found in 2.3. Janek Vind found an XSS problem that can be exploited if your php setup has register_globals enabled. For this reason, upgrading to 2.3.1 is advised.
I don’t know what happened but my post from October 17th about the Getdeb project was missing, it wasn’t even in the database anymore. Luckily google had it in cache so I posted it again. Sorry to the people who got a 404.