Today version 3.0 of the WordPress plugin AVH First Defense Against Spam is released. The biggest change is that the plugin is written for PHP 5. It is no longer compatible with PHP4.
The following changes have been made:
- Plugin is for PHP5 only
- RFC: Spam check is performed when a user registers.
- Important!: When using a Honey Pot URL, change the option to be a URL only, the plugin will add the neccessary HTML by default.
- Bugfix: On pages the nonce check would fail.
- Bugfix: Typo in window title for menu option overview
- Bugfix: Blogname would show up as html safe text
- Bugfix: Checking for spammers when a comment is posted did not utilize the IP cache.
- Plugin is refactored
- When an IP is reported to Stop Forum Spam, using Report & Delete, and IP caching is used, the IP is deleted from the cache as the IP is marked as ham in the cache.
- When an update is available it will show the changelog on the plugin screen of WordPress
More information can be found on the plugin page.